Thanks for joining our General Meeting. This meeting is for VTU members only.
- Land Acknowledgement + Community Agreements
- Provincial WG Update: feedback/follow-up on town halls
- Rent.Strike.Bargain update
- Report back from visioning committee
- Update on Joyce Chapter
- Special resolution on joining International Union of Tenants
- Update and motion on Vancouver City Grant
- Open Floor for Members
Live Meeting Minutes [Follow along during the meeting]
Community Agreements and Norms
As usual, we ask all attendees at VTU functions to follow these community agreements:
- One-mic - means to respect each other’s speaking time.
- Speak Up/Listen Up - means that people who are comfortable should step up on their listening skills and people who tend not to speak should step up speaking more.
- Break It Down - explaining words or phrases that are unclear/ inaccessible.
- Respect Each Other - oppressive behaviour will not be tolerated
- Challenge Ideas, Not People - disagreements should be expressed with what people have said and not the people themselves.
- Be Present
- Take Care Of Yourself - do what is best for your physical and emotional well being
In addition to these agreements, we are asking everyone to observe the following meeting norms to help our virtual meeting run smoothly:
When entering the meeting, please type your full name. We will use this to cross reference our database so that this can remain a members-only meeting.
- If you are calling in, we will be cross referencing your phone number.
- Keep your mic on mute unless you are the speaker. Facilitators will have the ability to mute your mic if need be.
Questions & Comments
- Please submit your questions and comments in writing in the Zoom Chat window, or ahead of the meeting if possible.
- The above community agreements apply to the Zoom Chat window. Members submitting disrespectful comments in the chat window may be ejected from the meeting by facilitators
- Call-in participants will be given a time at the end of each Q&A session to ask their questions out loud or they can use email
- Please keep your questions and comments succinct so that as many people as possible can have time to ask their question
- If your question wasn’t answered in the meeting, you are always welcome to follow up after the meeting: [email protected]
If you are having technical difficulties hearing or participating in the meeting, please understand that facilitators will have a limited ability to help you. If you are asking a question and it does not come through clearly, we may have to move on, but we’ll try to come back to you.
- If you missed something, you can refer to our meeting minutes document [linked above] Minutes will be recorded in real-time.
Volunteers will be monitoring our inbox during the meeting. Please submit all questions and concerns to: [email protected]