2019 Dues Renewal
Renew your commitment to building tenant power!
Want to support tenant power once a month instead of once a year?
Our union has accomplished a lot in two years, including:
- Signing up over 1700 members
- Helping to lower annual rent increase by 2%
- Preventing dozens of renovictions, (and providing advice/advocacy to tenants on daily basis)
- Leading a 'Get out the vote' campaign to get renter-friendly city councilors elected in 2018
- Mobilizing at city hall to stop renovictions and expand tenant protections
- Acting as a voice for tenants' interest in the media
- Hosting two tenant conventions with educational workshops
- Submitting a 50-point list of recommended amendments to the Residential Tenancy Act to the Provincial Government
- Leading an ongoing campaign for Real Rent Control (vacancy control)
Read more about our work HERE...
Why do I need to renew my dues?
Read our Frequently Asked Questions HERE
In order to make membership as accessible as possible, annual member fees start at $1.
Our suggested membership fee formula:
$1 per $1000 of your annual income.
Don't Have Paypal?
You can send cash or cheque (Payable to "VANCOUVER TENANTS UNION") to:
You can also pay in-person at our next General Meeting (usually held monthly)