38 VTU members and guests attended our November annual general meeting which took place over Zoom. Here is a summarized version of the minutes.
Item 1 - Territorial Acknowledgement & Community Agreements
Item 2 - Financial Report from Treasurer including how we have spent our grant money over the past year.
MOTION: The VTU general membership accept the Sept 16 2021 - Nov 05 2022 Treasurer Report
Motion passes (In favour: 33, abstain: 1, opposed: 0)
Item 3 - Steering Committee Report.
- Educate, Agitate, Organize!
- Member Education
- Supporting New Neighbourhood Chapters
- Lessons Learned from Chapters
- Solidarity with our unhoused neighbours
- Municipal Organizing - a New direction
- Other Actions and Decisions
Item 4 - Working Group Reports from MOATS, Defend Broadway, Comms, and Data Tools
Item 5 - Steering Committee Election - Members heard from nominees running for a term on the Steering Committee. Because there were fewer nominees than seats available, attending members voted to acclaim all nominees. The newly elected members are:
AJ Batalden, Lillian Deeb, Liam Fox, Mazdak Gharibnavaz, Rebecca L, Gordon Macdonald, Neil Vokey
A big thanks to the amazing work of the outgoing elected Steering Committee members from 2021/22 who have stepped down:
Mariah G., Lea Hogan, Evan M., Vince Tao, Joey Thall, Tintin Yang
Item 6 - Neighbourhood Chapter Reports
- East Side
- Mt. Pleasant
- West End
Item 7 - Motion to purchase t-shirts
- WHEREAS we have a need for more VTU t-shirts
WHEREAS we have sufficient funds to pay for a run of t-shirts
- BIRT up to 6641 CAD be allocated for the printing of 300 t-shirts by Cavan Advertising
- BIFRT that these T-shirts will not be sold for money because their purchase was funded by a grant
- Motion passes: 23 IN FAVOUR, 2 ABSTAIN, 0 OPPOSED
Item 8 - Open floor for members, working groups, chapter announcements
Live minutes are recorded at each GM and condensed for the website. For more detailed minutes any member may contact us: [email protected]