37 VTU members attended the March 2021 general meeting. Here is a summarized version of the minutes.
- Item 1 - Territorial Acknowledgement & Community Agreements
- Item 2 - Provincial WG Update: feedback/follow-up on town hall
- Item 3 - Rent.Strike.Bargain campaign update
- Item 4 - Report back from visioning committee
- Item 5 - Update on Joyce Chapter
- Item 6 - Special resolution on joining International Union of Tenants [TABLED: members voted to table this special resolution until the next General Meeting]
- Item 7 - Update and motion on Vancouver City Grant [note: This update was emailed to all VTU members on May 28. Please contact [email protected] if you did not recieve it and would like more information]
- BIRT if these additional grant conditions are removed, VTU will accept the Renter Services Grant. BIFRT That VTU reframe the original proposal to be in line with the goals coming out of the visioning process, not hiring a staff person but continuing to do organizing training, organizing buildings, and focusing on building neighbourhood chapters. BIFRT if if conditions aren't removed, the treasurer and steering are empowered to reject the grant on behalf of the VTU
- M/S/C: 27 yes, 0 no, 0 abstain
- Open Floor for Members
Live minutes are recorded at each GM and condensed for the website. For more detailed minutes any member may contact us: [email protected]
Do you like this post?